Terms & Conditions
Our Terms and Conditions
Booking a vacation rental property through our website indicates your acceptance of our Terms and Conditions and your commitment to abide by our Terms and Conditions as set out below.
- Booking Requirements
Please note that when making your booking you will be required to comply with the requirements set out below:
- Age limit is 25 years or older;
- The booking guest’s name must correspond with the name on the credit or debit card used for payment;
- The booking guest’s name must correspond with the Photo I.D. Acceptable forms of photo I.D. – valid driver’s license or current passport.
To secure your booking a 20% deposit of the total rental cost will be required. The balance of your fee will be due 28 days prior to your check-in date. If your booking is a last-minute booking for example 7 or less days prior to your arrival, you will be required to pay the full amount for your stay.
- Security Deposit
A security deposit must be made at the time of your booking to cover for any loss or damage caused to the property during your stay. Following your departure, the security deposit will be refunded to you on the basis that no damage or breakages have been found during the departure inspection. The refund will be returned to your payment card no later than 5-10 days following your departure date.
- Accidental Damage Plan
- We know that accidents can and do happen and sometimes no matter how much we try to avoid an accident it will happen. To protect yourself from incurring additional fees, the accidental damage plan provides coverage in the event of accidental damage occurring to items within the home during your stay. The plan is required for each booking and is non-refundable.
- Under the accidental damage plan any accidental damages that are reported immediately will be covered by the plan. You must ensure, that the damage is reported within 24 hours of the damage occurring and notification of the damage must be provided to Exclusive Villas 4U by way of an email. The Plan will expire on your scheduled departure date.
- The Plan covers up to $1,500 of reported damages. However, in the event of intentional damage, theft or gross negligence occurring, you may incur additional costs to cover the replacement/repair of the damage caused.
- Any unreported damage that we find during our departure inspection, may result in a reduction or loss of the security deposit to cover the replacement/repair of the damage caused.
- The plan is provided and administrated by Exclusive Villas 4U and is not an insurance policy.
- Check-in and Checkout
- The check-in time is 4pm and the checkout time is strictly 10am. Please try and leave the property by the scheduled checkout time. If you are late checking out, you may incur an additional charge.
- On the morning of your departure, please ensure that you check all closets, drawers and cupboards to ensure that you do not leave behind any of your personal items. Please do not hesitate to contact us should you inadvertently leave any personal items behind. We will endeavour to locate your items; however, we will not be held liable if your items cannot be found. If your items are found, we will plan with you to forward them onto you at your expense.
- Our properties are fitted with either a lockbox containing the key to the property or an electronic keypad on the front door. You will receive the code to lockbox or keypad two days prior to your scheduled arrival date.
- Please ensure that you do not lose the key and that you return it to the lockbox at the end of your stay. Any missing keys that need to be replaced may result in you incurring a replacement fee.
Smoking is strictly prohibited in all Exclusive Villas 4U properties. In the event, that we discover that smoking has occurred within a property, an additional cleaning fee will be charged to you to have the home fumigated.
- Pool Rules, Regulations and Alarms
For your safety:
- Diving is not allowed.
- Please avoid running on the pool deck.
- Children should be supervised by a responsible adult always.
- No glassware is allowed in the pool or on the pool deck.
- All sliding doors leading to the pool deck are fitted with an alarm device. Do not switch off or remove the device. Doing so, could result in a $5,000 fine or 1 year in Jail. This is in accordance with “Chapter 515.33 Residential Swimming Pool Act which states – anyone tampering or disconnecting pool alarms commits a misdemeanour of the second degree, punishable by a $5,000 fine or 1 year in jail.”
- If we discover that an alarm device has been tampered with or intentionally removed, a fee of $50 for each device will be charged to repair/replacement it.
- If the property has a removable pool safety fence, we suggest that this is used always, during your stay. If you remove it, during your stay it will be your responsibility to ensure the safety of those using the pool and spa.
- If the property has a pool cover/blanket, please ensure that this is completely removed from the pool before allowing anyone to enter the pool.
- HVAC Unit (Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning)
- You will find that the fan switch is set to Auto, the temperature switch to cool and the thermostat level between 75 and 80 during the spring, summer and autumn (fall).
- Please do not, under any circumstances, turn the thermostat below 70 degrees. Doing this can result in freezing the HVAC unit, which will cause it to malfunction! In this case, an engineer will need to be called out at your expense.
- If, in winter heating is required, the ideal temperature usually is somewhere between 65 and 70.
- We do not take responsibility for loss of air as this could happen for many reasons. If you encounter any problems with the HVAC, please contact us and we will arrange for an engineer to visit the home.
- Maintenance Issues
- We make every effort to ensure that everything within the property is in working order prior to your arrival. However, once we are aware of something requiring attention we will endeavour to have the work done within 24 hours. When an outside contractor is needed for more specialized work, this will be out of our control and we may have to wait until the following day or, if the problem occurs at the weekend the repairs might have to wait until Monday. Of course, we will attend to emergency repairs immediately.
- To avoid disruption to your vacation’s itinerary, we require guests to leave the key in the lockbox so that our maintenance personnel can gain access to the property if you are going to be out for the day.
- Health & Safety
- To prevent an infestation of ants within the home, please avoid leaving out open packages of items such as chocolate, jam, honey, etc.
- When outside, watch where you are standing-ants can cause quite nasty bites. If you are walking in wooded areas, especially wetlands, make sure that you cover your arms and legs with appropriate clothing and use insect repellent.
- Please be aware that Florida is home to over a million or more alligators, which can be difficult to see when they are submerged.
- Do not leave children unattended in grassy areas. To be bitten by a snake in Florida, is a rare occurrence however, should it happen, as with any emergency, please dial_911 immediately as it is imperative that the person bitten is taken to a hospital at once.
- Severe Weather
- In the event of a thunderstorm it is best to move all guests inside the house and refrain from using the swimming pool, any electrical appliances, including the telephone, until the severe weather has passed.
- If a hurricane is imminent in this area, please ensure that you have adequate supplies of non-perishable foods and plenty of drinking water. Then stay tuned to a local television channel for further updates and advice.
- In the very unlikely event that you ever sight a tornado, the official advice is not to watch or film it, but move inside the house to small interior rooms, kneel and cover your head with your arms until you are sure it has passed.
- Cancellation Policy
We understand that situations can arise which may unfortunately require you to cancel your booking. In such circumstances, we request that you notify us in writing via email of your intended cancellation.
By way of compensation of your cancellation, you will receive:
- 100% refund if written notification received by us 60 days prior to your scheduled arrival date.
- 50% refund if written notification received by us 30 days prior to your scheduled arrival date.
- 10% refund if written notification received by us 10 days or less prior to your scheduled arrival date.
Please note that the 20% booking deposit is non-refundable and in the event of failure to make payment for the balance of your booking by the scheduled due date, this may result in your booking being cancelled and no refundable monies will be made to you.
Exclusive Villas 4U does not offer any refunds due to an Act of God.
- Third party links
In the event, that our site contains links to other sites and resources that are provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Exclusive Villas 4U has no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
Exclusive Villas 4U reserves its right from time to time to change, modify or withdraw (temporarily or permanently) this website (or any part thereof) without notice. Please remember therefore, to refer to these Terms and Conditions to review any amendments. Your continued use of the Website (or any part thereof) following such change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change.
Dated: January 2018